Tuesday, April 18, 2017

corn pudding


I remember my grandmother making a rendition of this as a child, and low and behold one of my daughters, Jenna, as told to me by Jamie, another daughter, makes something like this. Anyway I was reading food blogs and I found a recipe for Sweet Corn Spoonbread on Chungah's blog, click here>>"Damn Delicious"  and she adapted it from Stacey's blog, click here>>"Southern Bite". Are you confused? So, here's my adaptation, thanks to Stacey, Chungah, my grandmother and two of my daughters. I hope you enjoy one of these recipes, adapt it and make it your own. My grandmother called it "Corn Pudding".

Print Recipe

375 degree oven

INGREDIENTS


1 package jiffy corn muffin mix (8.5 ounces)
1 can cream corn (14.75 ounces)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained (15 ounces)
1 stick butter melted
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1 jalapeno pepper, diced (fresh or pickled)
1 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste 


DIRECTIONS


Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray your casserole, pour mixture in and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and fully set.







No comments:

Post a Comment