Tuesday, April 11, 2017

tabouli


Tabouli is a Levantine vegetarian dish traditionally made of tomatoes, finely chopped parsley, mint, bulgur, and onion, and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Some variations add garlic or lettuce, or use couscous instead of bulgur. Some say it should be spelled TABBOULI, I don't know, for this recipe we will use one B. Again, I have fused a little, I am using White Quinoa, as you know it is high in protein and other essential goodies and it is goood. Tabouli is great mixed with Microwave Corn, I use Tabouli as a salad for anything and everything.

Microwave corn is fast, easy, fresh and will impress your taste buds and all who
try it. The fresh taste of this corn blends well with Tabouli. I started cooking fresh corn in the husk on the pit every time I Bar-B-Qed, but on those rainy or lazy days, I microwave it. I cut it on each end to fit in my microwave and cook on full power for three minutes. Adjust to the power of your oven.









Tabouli as a salad for any meal is great. I do cook Falafel, tabouli is fantastic with a falafel pita sandwich or a falafel plate. I use Tahini Sauce, Aji Sauce or Mumbo Sauce to top my Falafel and a big serving of Tabouli. I will have recipes for Falafel and Tahini Sauce soon.

Pictured above is pulled Orient Express Breast (smothered with Mumbo Sauce), Microwave Corn, Tabouli, Black Eyed Peas, Sliced Tomatoes and Bodacious Biscuits. I always mix my Tabouli and Microwave Corn and add a little Aji Sauce.






Print Recipe 

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup fine bulgar wheat or white quinoa (I'm using Quinoa)
4 firm Roma tomatoes
2 bunches parsley
12-15 fresh mint leaves
1 bunch fresh green onions
4 TBLS lime or lemon juice
4 TBL extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste


DIRECTIONS 

Put your Quinoa on to cook, it's better to cook ahead of time, so it can cool. Chop tomatoes, parsley (finely chop), mint (finely chop) and green onions (finely chop). See pictures. Add all ingredients including lime juice and olive oil, mix well, refrigerate. Much better the next day.





















5 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. If you use bulgar wheat, do you cook it as you do the quinoa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for comment. Yes you must cook the bulgar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to make it today, let it refrigerate overnight, then it will be our main course for dinner tomorrow. Looking forward to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had tabouli mixed with micro corn, falafel with Ali sauce and boudin for dinner. Fantastic, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had your tabouli for dinner last night. It was excellent. We made it the day before to let the favors mingle, as suggested. The salad absorbed all the olive oil and lemon overnight, so we decided to add one more tablespoon of each before consuming. It added a nice flavor boost. Good recipe, Jerry.

    ReplyDelete