Friday, April 28, 2017

pot roast - low & slow


Slow Cooker Pot Roast. I love Pot Roast, just tired of the same old >>> add onion soup dry mix, soy sauce....... What you see above is flavorful Chuck Roast served with Corn Pudding and Bodacious Biscuits. If you follow my blog you know you should have Corn Pudding and Bodacious Biscuits in the freezer, ready to heat and serve along with the meat and taters. If by chance you don't, click on the links above. I divided the meat in five servings, put one on my plate for dinner along with some potatoes, carrots and onions. I divided the vegetables and put the Chuck Roast, Potatoes, carrots, onions and juice in quart freezer bags, squeezed the air out, flattened and put them in the freezer. I did share a little with Picasso (me Perro), my dog. I live alone with Picasso, so, almost everything I cook freezes well. A little butter on my Bodacious Biscuits, Aji Sauce on my chuck roast and a little Mambo Sauce for dipping and the vegetables, these recipes are a click away. Ready to do a little sous chef work? After that you come back in 10 hours and eat.

Print Recipe

INGREDIENTS


2-3 pound roast, I'm using Chuck Roast. 
1 TBL olive oil
1 TBL salt
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
2tsp black pepper
2 bay leaves
4-6 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 pound carrots
3-4 med size potatoes ( I used yellow potatoes)
2 small apples, I Used gala (cut into wedges)
2-3 small onions, I used red onions (cut in wedges)
32 ounces chicken or beef stock (I used chicken base and made my own, dissolve in 32 oz water)
2 TBL cornstarch
2 TBL soy sauce ( I know, just had to to add a little)



DIRECTIONS


Combine salt, thyme, basil, black pepper in a small bowl (spice blend). Rub roast with olive oil and coat with spice blend. Any spice blend and olive oil left over, add to slow cooker.

Heat skillet with a spot of oil to med high and brown all sides of the roast, transfer to slow cooker. Add vegetables and bay leaves to cooker. Mix stock with soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic, add to slow cooker.

Cook low and slow, use that 10 hour setting. I know sometimes you are in a hurry, go ahead use the 5 hour setting, either way, it's great!


coat roast with spice blend and brown



Cook pot roast low and slow for ten hours

  
Pot roast, ready to serve


ready to serve the best pot roast ever


Let's Eat! Best Pot Roast served with Corn Pudding and Bodacious Biscuits

3 comments: